That's a wrap for us at this year's Maryland Home & Garden Show! Two great weekends front and center as the feature landscape garden this year! Here's our spin on the "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" theme from this years show in case you missed it!
Turning blank spaces into play wonderlands! Come see some of our favorite things at the Maryland State Fair this year...
Check out our interview on Fox45 news at the Md Home & Garden Show! Sneak peek into our 2017 Best of Show garden in case you haven’t made it out yet!
Thank you to all our friends and family who took the time to join us last night at the 2015 Q Quest Valentines Day Auction. We are continually amazed by the depth of support we personally receive from all of you, and were equally overwhelmed by the show of faces we saw last night. Urban Gardens donated a $6000.00 landscape package to the auction, and the winning bid was awarded at $4000.00! Congratulations and Thank You to the couple who won.
A huge nod to Michael Lopez for his energy and dedication to fundraising for Dr. Quinones. Michael personally spearheads several fundraisers for Dr. Q’s Quest in honor of those in his life impacted by brain cancer.
The road of cancer is uncharted, and often made navigable only by the support and caring of others. Do not ever underestimate the power of supporting someones cause. Know that YOU may be the reason they were able to make it down that road. Thank you everyone!
Thanks Houzz and community for a great award!
You won Best of Houzz 2015!
Hi Urban Gardens Inc. and congratulations,
We’re writing to let you know that you’ve been voted by the Houzz community as a winner of our Best of Houzz 2015 awards! You can read the full press release here.
Your work won in the Design category, as your portfolio includes some of the most popular images on Houzz in 2014. We have already placed a “Best of Houzz 2015” winner badge on your Houzz profile page; visit your profile page (http://www.houzz.com/pro/urban_gardens) to see it.
Courtesy of E.P. Henry Corporation Blog:
It’s time to get your patio ready for the new season. But wait, before you roll out the rug, take the cushions out of storage, and re-hang the lanterns, a good patio cleaning may be needed as well. Here are some tips to help you set the stage and get ready to enjoy your outdoor living space.
- Pavers: While good looking and long lasting, do require some upkeep. Mold and other organic stains can detract from their beauty and harsh winter weather can dull their appearance. The good news is, there are patio cleaning products and services that can get them back to looking brand new in as little as one day. Seal ‘n Lock, an environmentally safe cleaning and sealing process, restores your patio, walkway and driveway pavers without using toxic chemicals. This pet and plant friendly system dries in hours and allows you to use your patio the very next day.
- Edging: Whether you’re a do-it-yourselfer or you hire a pro, your patio, walkway and driveway will look neater and cleaner after being edged. Additionally, edging protects large plant roots from lawnmower blades and helps keep weeds from encroaching into the crevices of your pavers.
- Uninvited guests: Use a broom, hose or leaf blower around light fixtures, windows and doors to eliminate cobwebs and critters that will surely be found in covered furniture, umbrellas, grills and other outdoor items that were stored for the winter.
- Cushions: Always check the manufacture’s tag for instructions first, but here’s a simple and effective way to freshen your cushions:
Do a Greens Check: In addition to your patio cleaning, make sure you check the lawn as well. Although it may not be in need of a mowing just yet, a good feed and weed along with checking for divots left by forgoing animals will get your backyard ready for the summer foot traffic.
Just think, if you get the whole family involved, you could be enjoying your morning cup of coffee on your sparkling clean patio by the weekend.
Nothing is more rewarding than rolling up your sleeves and building a structure – patio, walkway, etc. – with your bare hands. Unfortunately, many of us do not have the time, know-how, or resources to accomplish every home improvement project on our wish list. This is where Urban Gardens comes in. We are a unique, multidisciplinary landscape design/build firm and retail nursery serving the greater Baltimore area. We provide professional landscape design, landscaping, and, of course, Hardscaping Services. With our help, you can have the landscape you have always dreamed of!
The Benefits of Professional Hardscaping Services
- Expertise: Professional hardscapers are professionals for a reason. They know what they are doing. They have the experience and know-how to create the perfect patio, wondrous walkway, or fantastic fire pit you have always wanted, but never had the time to construct.
- Time: Speaking of time, while you struggle to find time to work on your patio, balancing work, your family life, your social life, and your home improvement project, a professional hardscaper will be able to construct your new hardscape quicker than you could ever hope to.
- Symmetry: A professional hardscaper will look at the bigger picture and try to blend your new hardscape into your existing landscape. Remember, everything in your landscape should flow together and complement one another. Your landscape should not look like a series of small projects; it should look like one, seamless landscape.
- Tools and Materials: Professional hardscapers not only have access the highest quality materials, they also have the tools to get the job done right. If you attempt a do-it-yourself patio or walkway, you have two choices: buy equipment or rent equipment. Either avenue is not cheap.
Hardscaping Services from Urban Gardens
Urban Gardens can execute every aspect of masonry and stonework in your landscape, from retaining walls; terraces; walkways; pergolas; and fire pits to brick, paver, and stone patios. We use only the finest materials, and work with the best crafted products proven in the outdoor industry.
If you’re interested in learning more about Professional Hardscaping Services, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area: Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.