Thanks Houzz and community for a great award!
You won Best of Houzz 2015!
Hi Urban Gardens Inc. and congratulations,
We’re writing to let you know that you’ve been voted by the Houzz community as a winner of our Best of Houzz 2015 awards! You can read the full press release here.
Your work won in the Design category, as your portfolio includes some of the most popular images on Houzz in 2014. We have already placed a “Best of Houzz 2015” winner badge on your Houzz profile page; visit your profile page (http://www.houzz.com/pro/urban_gardens) to see it.
When it comes to real estate, first impressions play a big role. Did you know it takes the average homebuyer just 30 seconds to form an opinion about a home? This means that curb appeal means everything. Okay, not everything. The interior of your home still matters, but a potential homebuyer won’t even set foot inside your home if the exterior is not up to their standards. So, what is the best way to improve your home’s curb appeal?
Landscaping & Real Estate: A Beautiful Landscape can add 20% to Home Value
That’s right, not only will professional landscaping help you sell your home, but improving the curb appeal of your home could increase its value by as much as 15-20%. That’s what we like to call a win-win. This is why the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) recommends you invest 10% of your home’s value in landscaping. The return on investment (ROI) makes it well worth it.
Hiring a Professional Landscaper
World renowned home improvement specialist Bob Vila recommends hiring a licensed and certified professional, like Urban Gardens. We are a unique, multidisciplinary landscape design/build firm and retail nursery serving the greater Baltimore area. We also hold several certifications and affiliations, including:
- Maryland Home Improvement Contractor #51725
- Certified Professional Horticulturalists
- MD Certified Pesticide Applicators
- NCMA, CSRWI Certified Installers
- ICPI Level 1 Certified Installers
- MDE Green Card Certified for Erosion Control
- PLANET members
If you’re interested in learning more about Landscaping & Real Estate, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website.
Urban Gardens – a unique, multidisciplinary landscape design/build firm and retail nursery serving the greater Baltimore area!
You already know that landscaping can make your yard more beautiful and inviting. Did you also know that it is a great energy saving solution in both summer and winter? The problems that cause the most need for heating and cooling can be eradicated in very simple ways by adding landscaping features to your front or back yard.
- Adding large trees – Large deciduous trees are beneficial in the summertime because they offer shade. If the trees are strategically placed near windows or over the house, they can prevent too much sunlight and heat from permeating your home, which is a great energy saving method. The less heat you have coming in, the less air you’ll need to be running. In the winter, the trees will have shed their leaves and allowed sunlight to stream in to help heat your home. Trees can also block cold wind from getting through the cracks and into your house.
- Grasses and Shrubs – Blacktop and concrete absorb a lot of heat and cause the area directly around them to be at least a few degrees warmer than areas with a lot of grass or greenery. This phenomenon is called an urban heat island. In the summer, this can be very dangerous to your electric bill. The best way to avoid an urban heat island is to replace as much of the blacktop and concrete around your home as you can with grasses and shrubs. While grasses won’t be as helpful in the winter, if the shrubs are high enough they will have a similar impact to the large deciduous trees.
- Decks and Fences – Fences can help block wind and keep a home insulated in that way. Decks are a similar idea and can also make you want to be out of your house more. The more you’re outside enjoying the great landscape that you have created, the more energy you’ll save. You can also use solar lamps outside that will last through the day and into the night.
If you’re interested in designing a new energy saving yard or making some minor updates, Urban Gardens in Baltimore has you covered.
Urban Gardens is located at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, MD. For more information, please visit our website or call us at (410) 833-4930.