Getting professional landscaping is a no-brainer for some people. Having a professional do your landscaping is easier than doing it yourself. There is also a better chance that your space will look good if you have someone who knows what they’re doing complete your yard or patio. However, once a space is landscaped, most people don’t consider contacting their landscaping company to help with routine maintenance. Chances are that if you haven’t had years of training and landscaping experience, you’re not going to know exactly how to take care of all the different types of plants that are now in your yard. Check out some benefits of professional landscaping maintenance.
Maintaining the landscape – People are pretty busy these days. There isn’t always time for watering, pruning, and fertilizing. A landscaper can do all of these things when they need to be done, and can also make sure that all of your landscaping needs are up to snuff and taken care of. A landscaping maintenance company can be especially helpful in finding and eradicating pests from your yard.
Increase your property value – When landscaping work goes unmaintained, it detracts from the overall appearance and value of your home. You may not be worried about resale value right now, but it is better advised to maintain the landscaping you’ve already had done, rather than needing to start all over again right before selling your home. This could be incredibly costly in both time and money. A professional landscaping maintenance company can help you keep the resale value of your house what it should be.
Keeping the integrity of the landscape – By hiring a professional, you are ensuring that the landscaping is maintained well. It is just as possible to over water, over fertilize, and over aerate as it is to under do all of these things. A professional landscaper will know exactly what needs to be done and how much to do without hurting the integrity of your landscape.
Don’t leave your landscaping maintenance up to chance. Hire a landscaper to come out and maintain all of the hard work and effort that has already been put into making your space nice and livable.
If you’re interested in learning more about The Benefits of Professional Landscaping Maintenance, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area: Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.
You have spent countless weekends and more money than you care to recall on your landscape. And it looks beautiful. Your home is the envy of the neighborhood. Unfortunately, when the sun goes down your home looks exactly like every other home on the block. So how do you ensure your home looks as beautiful when the sun goes down as it does during the day?
The Answer: Outdoor Lighting!
Landscape lighting brightens an otherwise dark surrounding and provides a welcoming atmosphere.
Not only can outdoor lighting add curb appeal to your home at night, but it can also be used to highlight certain areas of your landscape, giving your home a different look at night then it has during the day. This transformation can be quite beautiful. Unfortunately, this type of lighting display is often more than the average do-it-yourselfer can handle.
The Benefits of Professional Outdoor Lighting
When you choose professional outdoor lighting, you choose to work with a professional landscape designer. As you probably remember from our blog, “The Benefits of Professional Landscape Design,” professional landscape designers ensure your landscape is done properly. They make sure that everything works in conjunction with everything else. Remember, your landscape should be one, continuous masterpiece. It should appear as if several individual projects, even if that is the way you have gone about landscaping.
Additional benefits of professional outdoor lighting:
- Be Different: If your home was the envy of the neighborhood before, outdoor lighting will help solidify your place as the most aesthetically appealing home on the block. A professional outdoor lighting professional can use lights in such a way to accentuate your home’s most beautiful – or unique – elements.
- Safety: Aside from making your home more aesthetically appealing at night, professional outdoor lighting can also increase the safety of your property. Outdoor lighting will make it more difficult for potential burglars to access your home unnoticed. Outdoor lighting can also be used to illuminate walkways to prevent you and your guests from tripping over unseen hazards.
Professional Outdoor Lighting from Urban Gardens
At Urban Gardens we use lighting to extend the pleasure of your landscape well into the evening hours, enhance mood, and heighten awareness of the environment. We use only the highest quality outdoor lighting system available. These systems offer long life, energy saving lamps, sustainable solid brass or copper fixtures, and efficient, cost effective transformers for superior worry-free performance.
If you’re interested in learning more about The Benefits of Professional Outdoor Lighting, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area: Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.
Nothing is more rewarding than rolling up your sleeves and building a structure – patio, walkway, etc. – with your bare hands. Unfortunately, many of us do not have the time, know-how, or resources to accomplish every home improvement project on our wish list. This is where Urban Gardens comes in. We are a unique, multidisciplinary landscape design/build firm and retail nursery serving the greater Baltimore area. We provide professional landscape design, landscaping, and, of course, Hardscaping Services. With our help, you can have the landscape you have always dreamed of!
The Benefits of Professional Hardscaping Services
- Expertise: Professional hardscapers are professionals for a reason. They know what they are doing. They have the experience and know-how to create the perfect patio, wondrous walkway, or fantastic fire pit you have always wanted, but never had the time to construct.
- Time: Speaking of time, while you struggle to find time to work on your patio, balancing work, your family life, your social life, and your home improvement project, a professional hardscaper will be able to construct your new hardscape quicker than you could ever hope to.
- Symmetry: A professional hardscaper will look at the bigger picture and try to blend your new hardscape into your existing landscape. Remember, everything in your landscape should flow together and complement one another. Your landscape should not look like a series of small projects; it should look like one, seamless landscape.
- Tools and Materials: Professional hardscapers not only have access the highest quality materials, they also have the tools to get the job done right. If you attempt a do-it-yourself patio or walkway, you have two choices: buy equipment or rent equipment. Either avenue is not cheap.
Hardscaping Services from Urban Gardens
Urban Gardens can execute every aspect of masonry and stonework in your landscape, from retaining walls; terraces; walkways; pergolas; and fire pits to brick, paver, and stone patios. We use only the finest materials, and work with the best crafted products proven in the outdoor industry.
If you’re interested in learning more about Professional Hardscaping Services, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area: Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.
With the state of today’s economy, homeowners everywhere are looking for ways to attain that professional look without the high price tag. How? Do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. After all, there is a YouTube video for just about anything nowadays, from how to fix a sink to how to hang dry wall. So why would anyone call a professional to perform a project they can do themselves? More importantly, why would anyone pay a professional to perform a project they can do themselves?
The Answer: Quality!
While some DIY projects are well within the scope of most homeowners, others should be left to the professionals. This is especially true for landscaping. A project that seems so simple is actually rather complex. Landscaping is a lot more involved than just planting a few flowers here and there. A lot of planning and a lot of work go into every professionally done landscape.
The Benefits of Professional Landscaping
- Saves Time: Most homeowners do not have the time dedicate to their landscape. As a result, most DIY landscapes do not turn out the way a homeowner envisions. This is why it is best to leave the dirty work to the professionals. Not only will a professional landscaper give you the landscape you have always dreamed of, but they will be able to do it in a fraction of the time you could ever hope to complete the project.
- Choosing the Right Plants: Do you know which living and non-living materials go well together. Similar to interior design, landscaping involves a lot of prior knowledge. A professional landscaper not only knows which plants work well with others, both aesthetically and functionally, but they know which plants work well in which environments. Best of all, a professional landscaper does all of this while still meeting your specific wants and needs.
- Maintaining the Landscape: Landscape maintenance is a must. And not every homeowner has the time necessary to properly maintain their landscape. This is just another benefit of professional landscaping. Most professional landscapers offer landscape maintenance packages that ensure your yard looks just as good as it did the day it was completed.
Professional Landscaping from Urban Gardens
From smaller scale gardens to multi-acre projects, we create extraordinary landscapes, seamlessly blending the architecture of a property with its landscape. Urban Gardens brings balance to every property. What DIY project can claim all that?
We also offer hardscaping services such as walkways, fire pits, retaining walls and much more to complement your outdoor living space.
If you’re interested in learning more about Professional Landscaping, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area: Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.
When it comes to your home, more specifically your landscape, you have two options: hire a professional or go the do-it-yourself (DIY) route. While the latter has grown increasingly popular for several reasons, the biggest of which is cost, nothing, I repeat, nothing that can measure up to a professionally designed landscape.
The Benefits of Professional Landscape Design
Landscaping is so much more than simply placing plants, flowers, trees and shrubs throughout a yard. Proper landscaping takes knowledge, a good creative eye, and, most importantly, proper planning. This last part is where many DIYers come up short – planning.
While many DIYers focus on only one aspect of their landscape at a time, a professional landscape designer will help you look at the bigger picture and make sure every aspect of your landscape flows together. Remember, your landscape should not look like a collection of smaller projects; it should all work together – harmoniously. A professional landscape designer will ensure your landscape is done properly and looks fantastic all year long. A professional landscaper will know what plants work best in your local climate, with minimal maintenance.
Professional Landscape Design: The Consultation
A professional landscape designer will meet with you to go over your wants and needs and perform a site analysis in order to best achieve your vision and determine your project budget, scope and other details. From this meeting, your landscape designer will draft a master plan. The purpose of this plan is to provide design solutions for today’s needs, while also addressing future opportunities. Master planning also establishes a logical sequence for construction and budgeting
Professional Landscape Design: The Finished Product
At Urban Gardens we create extraordinary landscapes by combining our artistic vision, expertise and knowledge to seamlessly blend the architecture of a property with its landscape environment.
If you’re interested in learning more about Professional Landscape Design, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. You can also follow Urban Gardens on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area, although most of our projects are located in Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius (including Monkton, Reisterstown, Glyndon, Hunt Valley, Sparks-Glencoe, Ruxton and Roland Park) from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.
You already know that landscaping can make your yard more beautiful and inviting. Did you also know that it is a great energy saving solution in both summer and winter? The problems that cause the most need for heating and cooling can be eradicated in very simple ways by adding landscaping features to your front or back yard.
- Adding large trees – Large deciduous trees are beneficial in the summertime because they offer shade. If the trees are strategically placed near windows or over the house, they can prevent too much sunlight and heat from permeating your home, which is a great energy saving method. The less heat you have coming in, the less air you’ll need to be running. In the winter, the trees will have shed their leaves and allowed sunlight to stream in to help heat your home. Trees can also block cold wind from getting through the cracks and into your house.
- Grasses and Shrubs – Blacktop and concrete absorb a lot of heat and cause the area directly around them to be at least a few degrees warmer than areas with a lot of grass or greenery. This phenomenon is called an urban heat island. In the summer, this can be very dangerous to your electric bill. The best way to avoid an urban heat island is to replace as much of the blacktop and concrete around your home as you can with grasses and shrubs. While grasses won’t be as helpful in the winter, if the shrubs are high enough they will have a similar impact to the large deciduous trees.
- Decks and Fences – Fences can help block wind and keep a home insulated in that way. Decks are a similar idea and can also make you want to be out of your house more. The more you’re outside enjoying the great landscape that you have created, the more energy you’ll save. You can also use solar lamps outside that will last through the day and into the night.
If you’re interested in designing a new energy saving yard or making some minor updates, Urban Gardens in Baltimore has you covered.
Urban Gardens is located at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, MD. For more information, please visit our website or call us at (410) 833-4930.
Lacking creativity when it comes to landscape design – particularly in your front yard – will make your house wither away into the background like uncared for plants. If you’re considering investing some money to create a little curb appeal on your property, try looking at your land from an objective standpoint. Hop in your car and drive up to your house from both directions, and consider how distinctive your design is.
Plantings aside, evaluate how accessible and inviting your pathways and entryways are. Then, think about what sort of landscaping requirements need to be addressed: trees and shrubs for framing and accent, size and care of lawn, in addition to structural components like walks, steps, driveways, and so forth. If you’re not sure where to begin, or need assistance in truly maximizing these elements, contact the professionals Urban Gardens to help get you started in creating an exquisite front yard.
A simple way to spruce up your landscape, appropriately selected plants can quickly add visual interest to your yard. Trees, shrubs, and ground covers are low-maintenance plants that will grow over time to create a thriving front yard garden. Flowers are inevitably less hardy and therefore demand more care, but fill in gaps between woody plants well, breaking up their structure and fullness with soft blooms. Recently, there’s been an increasing trend in adding edible plants to front yard spaces, which often don’t require much maintenance and provide a practical alternative to mere ornamentals.
Utilize plants to frame out walkways, drawing clear paths for people to enter your home. When paving or hardscaping a path, follow natural access points, otherwise, visitors will bypass your walkway in favor of traipsing across the lawn or garden. A good rule of thumb is to install paths that are at least 36 inches wide. Space and scale permitting, 42-54 inches is optimal for side-by-side walking. Brick pavers, slate, and tile are all attractive alternatives to harsh concrete and unfinished dirt walkways. Make your front door attract attention with nearby lampposts, accent shrubs, or potted plants flanking either side.
If you’re interested in designing a new yard or making some minor updates, Urban Gardens in Baltimore has you covered.
Urban Gardens is located at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, MD. For more information, please visit our website or call us at (410) 833-4930.