That's a wrap for us at this year's Maryland Home & Garden Show! Two great weekends front and center as the feature landscape garden this year! Here's our spin on the "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" theme from this years show in case you missed it!
Just because you have a small yard landscape, that does not mean you have to sacrifice any of your big yard landscaping ideas. There are many tips and tricks that can incorporate all the different design ideas you love into your own space.
tips for landscaping a small yard
- Create a View – Adding a simple pergola to your yard will give the entrance the grand feel it deserves.
- Make it Cozy – If the perimeter of your yard is full of lush plants and shrubs, it will block the view beyond your yard, resulting in a cozy, private retreat.
- Create a Destination – Add a pergola to the back corner of your yard. This gives your eye a destination as well as you! Having somewhere to go will make the yard feel more spacious.
- Keep Plants Vertical – For landscaping a small yard it is best to use plants that will grow vertical rather than horizontal. These plants not only take up less square footage but they also add to your small yard landscape appeal.
- Add Water Features – Throwing bodies of water in the middle of your yard will help break it up and create an illusion that there is more space than there actually is.
Even if you have a large yard, any of these features would be an aesthetically pleasing addition.
If you’re interested in designing a new small yard landscape or make some minor updates to your landscaping, Urban Gardens in Baltimore has you covered with their top notch landscaping services.
For even more tips and ideas for your small yard landscape visit Better Homes and Gardens page “Landscaping Small Yard”: Better Homes and Gardens
Turning blank spaces into play wonderlands! Come see some of our favorite things at the Maryland State Fair this year...
Check out our interview on Fox45 news at the Md Home & Garden Show! Sneak peek into our 2017 Best of Show garden in case you haven’t made it out yet!
Best of Show Md Home & Garden 2017, Most Original Design Concept, Best Color Harmony, Md Home & Garden Show Pinnacle Award 2017
Gardens and landscapes can touch our lives in many ways. Peace, inspiration, joy, play, solace all dwell within a gardens edge. I hope my essay on the family garden reminds you to get outside, spend time in landscapes, connect with family and friends, and remember that anythings possible…
When we play we CARE…
Dean Smouse of Urban Gardens inc. has designed & built a magical garden play space for childrens’ learning at the Md State Fair. For the first time, this year, a Nature Play Space is available for children at the 135th Maryland State Fair.
The garden is located directly next to the MY Maryland Horseland Tent. Children can freely explore sand, mazes, nature art, gardening, balancing and building in the nature garden. It’s an interactive space, encouraging children to play outside in a variety of creative, educational ways. The 135th MY Maryland State Fair runs from Thursday, August 25th – Monday, September 5, 2016.The Nature Play Space is open Friday, August 26th – Monday, Sept. 5. Come visit us and play outside!
When a fellow artist chooses to recreate your vision on their canvas.