Nothing is more rewarding than rolling up your sleeves and building a structure – patio, walkway, etc. – with your bare hands. Unfortunately, many of us do not have the time, know-how, or resources to accomplish every home improvement project on our wish list. This is where Urban Gardens comes in. We are a unique, multidisciplinary landscape design/build firm and retail nursery serving the greater Baltimore area. We provide professional landscape design, landscaping, and, of course, Hardscaping Services. With our help, you can have the landscape you have always dreamed of!
The Benefits of Professional Hardscaping Services
- Expertise: Professional hardscapers are professionals for a reason. They know what they are doing. They have the experience and know-how to create the perfect patio, wondrous walkway, or fantastic fire pit you have always wanted, but never had the time to construct.
- Time: Speaking of time, while you struggle to find time to work on your patio, balancing work, your family life, your social life, and your home improvement project, a professional hardscaper will be able to construct your new hardscape quicker than you could ever hope to.
- Symmetry: A professional hardscaper will look at the bigger picture and try to blend your new hardscape into your existing landscape. Remember, everything in your landscape should flow together and complement one another. Your landscape should not look like a series of small projects; it should look like one, seamless landscape.
- Tools and Materials: Professional hardscapers not only have access the highest quality materials, they also have the tools to get the job done right. If you attempt a do-it-yourself patio or walkway, you have two choices: buy equipment or rent equipment. Either avenue is not cheap.
Hardscaping Services from Urban Gardens
Urban Gardens can execute every aspect of masonry and stonework in your landscape, from retaining walls; terraces; walkways; pergolas; and fire pits to brick, paver, and stone patios. We use only the finest materials, and work with the best crafted products proven in the outdoor industry.
If you’re interested in learning more about Professional Hardscaping Services, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area: Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.
With the state of today’s economy, homeowners everywhere are looking for ways to attain that professional look without the high price tag. How? Do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. After all, there is a YouTube video for just about anything nowadays, from how to fix a sink to how to hang dry wall. So why would anyone call a professional to perform a project they can do themselves? More importantly, why would anyone pay a professional to perform a project they can do themselves?
The Answer: Quality!
While some DIY projects are well within the scope of most homeowners, others should be left to the professionals. This is especially true for landscaping. A project that seems so simple is actually rather complex. Landscaping is a lot more involved than just planting a few flowers here and there. A lot of planning and a lot of work go into every professionally done landscape.
The Benefits of Professional Landscaping
- Saves Time: Most homeowners do not have the time dedicate to their landscape. As a result, most DIY landscapes do not turn out the way a homeowner envisions. This is why it is best to leave the dirty work to the professionals. Not only will a professional landscaper give you the landscape you have always dreamed of, but they will be able to do it in a fraction of the time you could ever hope to complete the project.
- Choosing the Right Plants: Do you know which living and non-living materials go well together. Similar to interior design, landscaping involves a lot of prior knowledge. A professional landscaper not only knows which plants work well with others, both aesthetically and functionally, but they know which plants work well in which environments. Best of all, a professional landscaper does all of this while still meeting your specific wants and needs.
- Maintaining the Landscape: Landscape maintenance is a must. And not every homeowner has the time necessary to properly maintain their landscape. This is just another benefit of professional landscaping. Most professional landscapers offer landscape maintenance packages that ensure your yard looks just as good as it did the day it was completed.
Professional Landscaping from Urban Gardens
From smaller scale gardens to multi-acre projects, we create extraordinary landscapes, seamlessly blending the architecture of a property with its landscape. Urban Gardens brings balance to every property. What DIY project can claim all that?
We also offer hardscaping services such as walkways, fire pits, retaining walls and much more to complement your outdoor living space.
If you’re interested in learning more about Professional Landscaping, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area: Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.
When it comes to your home, more specifically your landscape, you have two options: hire a professional or go the do-it-yourself (DIY) route. While the latter has grown increasingly popular for several reasons, the biggest of which is cost, nothing, I repeat, nothing that can measure up to a professionally designed landscape.
The Benefits of Professional Landscape Design
Landscaping is so much more than simply placing plants, flowers, trees and shrubs throughout a yard. Proper landscaping takes knowledge, a good creative eye, and, most importantly, proper planning. This last part is where many DIYers come up short – planning.
While many DIYers focus on only one aspect of their landscape at a time, a professional landscape designer will help you look at the bigger picture and make sure every aspect of your landscape flows together. Remember, your landscape should not look like a collection of smaller projects; it should all work together – harmoniously. A professional landscape designer will ensure your landscape is done properly and looks fantastic all year long. A professional landscaper will know what plants work best in your local climate, with minimal maintenance.
Professional Landscape Design: The Consultation
A professional landscape designer will meet with you to go over your wants and needs and perform a site analysis in order to best achieve your vision and determine your project budget, scope and other details. From this meeting, your landscape designer will draft a master plan. The purpose of this plan is to provide design solutions for today’s needs, while also addressing future opportunities. Master planning also establishes a logical sequence for construction and budgeting
Professional Landscape Design: The Finished Product
At Urban Gardens we create extraordinary landscapes by combining our artistic vision, expertise and knowledge to seamlessly blend the architecture of a property with its landscape environment.
If you’re interested in learning more about Professional Landscape Design, please contact Urban Gardens in Baltimore by calling (410) 833-4930 or visiting our website. You can also follow Urban Gardens on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
We work throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area, although most of our projects are located in Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Baltimore City. We service clients in a 25 mile radius (including Monkton, Reisterstown, Glyndon, Hunt Valley, Sparks-Glencoe, Ruxton and Roland Park) from our nursery facility at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, Maryland 21136.
You already know that landscaping can make your yard more beautiful and inviting. Did you also know that it is a great energy saving solution in both summer and winter? The problems that cause the most need for heating and cooling can be eradicated in very simple ways by adding landscaping features to your front or back yard.
- Adding large trees – Large deciduous trees are beneficial in the summertime because they offer shade. If the trees are strategically placed near windows or over the house, they can prevent too much sunlight and heat from permeating your home, which is a great energy saving method. The less heat you have coming in, the less air you’ll need to be running. In the winter, the trees will have shed their leaves and allowed sunlight to stream in to help heat your home. Trees can also block cold wind from getting through the cracks and into your house.
- Grasses and Shrubs – Blacktop and concrete absorb a lot of heat and cause the area directly around them to be at least a few degrees warmer than areas with a lot of grass or greenery. This phenomenon is called an urban heat island. In the summer, this can be very dangerous to your electric bill. The best way to avoid an urban heat island is to replace as much of the blacktop and concrete around your home as you can with grasses and shrubs. While grasses won’t be as helpful in the winter, if the shrubs are high enough they will have a similar impact to the large deciduous trees.
- Decks and Fences – Fences can help block wind and keep a home insulated in that way. Decks are a similar idea and can also make you want to be out of your house more. The more you’re outside enjoying the great landscape that you have created, the more energy you’ll save. You can also use solar lamps outside that will last through the day and into the night.
If you’re interested in designing a new energy saving yard or making some minor updates, Urban Gardens in Baltimore has you covered.
Urban Gardens is located at 4405 Butler Road in Reisterstown, MD. For more information, please visit our website or call us at (410) 833-4930.